Friday, January 23, 2009

Let Us Rap.

Today I made this meal,


On the right: Romaine lettuce wraps filled with carrot, cauliflower, eggplant and mashed acorn squash seasoned with Thai curry spices. (I left it unwrapped for the picture so that you could see the contents)
On the left: no oil air baked yucca fries with garlic sauce

I felt really happy with my sneaky egg camouflage, this time my 100g egg whites are first cooked, then blended with garlic, pepper, lime juice, siracha, and a few pieces of steamed cauliflower, to create the sauce. It worked out well.

The wraps were OK but not great, they need a little retooling but it's headed in the right direction.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Yep, wrapping stuff in lettuce and leaves is a great way to work around carb restrictions, especially as we go on.